Warehouse Supervisor (Night shift)
Westbrook, ME (04092)
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Night Warehouse Operations.
- Ensuring safety and security of the warehouse.
- Providing management and direction to assigned warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in order selection, product replenishment, order loading, including all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and night forklift operators.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Administers the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Review night warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within night warehouse.
- Conducts shipping and loading audit daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Assist with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Provide training of new associates, including cross-training of existing associates to meet regulatory and company standards.
- Conducts nightly pre-shift meetings.
- Keeps open communication with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Organizes efforts with the Safety Team to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Execute management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, USDA, etc.)
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
- Maintains daily production and accuracy records.
QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Experience 3+ years related experience and/or training.
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Professional Skills Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Native Maine technology software and programs.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly.
- Display the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The pay and benefits are outstanding!