Our client in the real estate and property space is seeking a VP or Head of Finance with a strong career path in place. This person will lead the Finance Department, including direction and oversight of all financial activities, financial reporting and, and management of the corporate tax function in conjunction with the Corporate Controller.
This position has clear trajectory to become their next CFO!
This person will lead the various treasury, AR, AP, collection and internal controls.
- Maintain and update the financial reporting platform, process, and procedure including implementing a proper Chart of Accounts and procedures.
- Hands on leader and expert for accounting matters including policies, questions and guidelines
- Determine and adjust/implement effective processes related to month, quarter, and year end close.
- Lead the cash management day-to-day operations and treasury
- Manage the annual federal and state tax return process
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management
- Guide financial decisions by applying both using internal and outside market condition factors
- Develop, implement, and maintain proper internal and financial controls, including for our information systems and software
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Review planning process and suggest improvements to current methods.
- Continuously identify process improvement, and create functional SOPs for multiple entities.
- Manage multiple bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- 8 to 10 years experience in financial management
- Direct management of a team of 5
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis and internal controls
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This person will be directly involved in all accounting and finance leadership throughout the organization and will have a direct path to become their next CFO within the next year or so.
Great, growing company with opportunity to continue to build the organization.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 18000
Salary Max : 220000
Currency Type : US Dollars