A leading Tier-1 supplier of components for the automotive industry, has several full-time an on site Tool Engineer position open at their facility located one hour east of Birmingham, AL.
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of OUR CLIENT as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of OUR CLIENT employees as described in the Work Plant Rules and Work Safety Rules.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of OUR CLIENT to provide for a safe and healthy workplace. Work in a safe manner always and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Always maintain proper ergonomics when performing assigned tasks.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Clean all assigned work areas after completion of the required work according to 5s standards.
- Maintain proper radio etiquette when using company radios, PA System and/or phone, business use only.
- Maintain professionalism when representing the company.
- Follow the company Quality Policy and Standards to avoid injury to all parties, shipping of non-conforming product, loss of business or negative reputation repercussions.
- Perform other duties Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
- Maintain all injection mold tooling
- Organize all internal and external tooling repairs
- Review all new tooling to meet tooling standards
- Review and approve mold flow analysis on new tooling
- Review tooling designs to ensure OUR CLIENT standard cycle time
- Process development on all new tooling
- Troubleshooting on current molding processes
- Ensure all critical product design issues are identified and resolved
- Optimize mold design, manufacturability and process capabilities
BASE TARGET: 80K to 110K + Bonus + Relocation Assistance + Excellent Benefits
- Associates of Science Degree, or experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of (5) five years experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Experience with urethane and robotics is preferred.
- Through understanding of plastic injection molding processes
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- This position will be required to travel to other facilities or training locations as well as on-site training as needed.
- This position requires the use of eye protection and hearing protection and any PPE specific to the task being performed.
- Must be able to stand on feet 8-12 hours a day and lift up to 75lbs on an occasional basis and 40 lbs on a regular basis. Must be able to perform overhead work as well as work below the waist.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Excellent company with great benefits and growth opportunity.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 110000
Currency Type : US Dollars