TOOL MAKER A
The Tool Maker will perform duties to plan, construct, alter, and repair a wide variety of tools, jigs, prototypes, special parts and fixtures involving difficult and complex machine operations utilizing a wide variety of manual and CNC machine tools. The Tool Maker will work from prints, sketches, computer aided manufacturing software, machine manuals, machinist manuals and instructions. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and layout job assignments, determine sequence of machining operations,
calculate shrinkage and expansion allowances, and program operations as necessary.
- Perform machine operations requiring unusual and difficult setups, and methods to
maintain very close tolerances and fits, including heat treating, drawing, tempering
and bench work involving filing, scraping, grinding, lapping, fitting, indexing,
timing, assembly and adjusting to insure satisfactory operation.
- Perform tool trouble shooting duties as assigned.
- Make tool tryouts, diagnose and correct problems, and make recommendations on tool modifications and methods required.
- Set up, program and operate EDM equipment, as well as a variety of complex CNC machine tools.
- Report design errors, mark up changes on drawings and refer to Engineering Department.
- Assist in training and instructing lower graded tool makers.
- Work with Engineering Department and production employees to work out tooling and prototype refinements as necessary.
- Develop engineering models working from sketches, instructions and piece part drawings involving making design modifications.
- Use a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, and video microscope, optical comparators, heat treating furnaces and hand tools.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 4+ years manual machining
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with manual milling, including facing, boring, drilling, and tapping
- Experience with manual lathes, including turning, boring, and single-point threading
- Experience using measurement tools such as caliper, micrometer, height gage, and optical comparator
- Skilled at blueprint reading, basic trigonometry and other basic math skills
- Ability to pass Tool Maker A written and physical test
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The client is a Union and offers, competitive pay and benefits package
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 34
Salary Max : 34
Currency Type : US Dollars