Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supply Quality Engineer will play a key role in monitoring the performance of suppliers and will participate in the continuous improvement of suppliers through visits and audits.
1. Monitors supplier performance via Rejected Material Reports, Rework Reports, Non-Conforming Material Reports, and Warranty Reports.
2. Performs supplier quality audits and visits as required. Some international travel.
3. Participates in defining and developing the Receiving Inspection function. Participates in the management of the Supplier PPAP/FAI program.
4. Participates in the development and maintenance of appropriate Acceptance Sampling requirements and methods.
5. Participates in the development of a Quality Control Plan for outsourced Finished Goods.
6. Serves as a member of the company supplier Material Review Board. This will include a review of the non-conforming product received under warranty.
7. Interfaces with the appropriate departments to investigate the causes of defective supplier parts/components and coordinate the corrective action activity.
8. Works with Quality Engineering and NPD Core Teams on supplier involvement in new product development.
9. Serves as a key participant in the ongoing development of the Supply Chain Management Program by serving as a key member of supplier selection, assisting in developing a formal system to qualify suppliers as well as to certify part numbers.
Minimum of BS or BA degree or equivalent QE experience. ASQ certification is a plus. Prefer three years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Must have a strong knowledge of Quality tools and techniques as well as a knowledge of the requirements of ISO9001.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This opportunity is still available!
A large consumer-goods company with lots of career growth opportunities. Located in a lower COL midwestern town 1 hours from St. Louis. Chicago and Indianapolis are also great locations for weekend getaways.
No Sponsorships at this time.