The Fiber Superintendent’s primary responsibility is the overseeing of all events transpiring within the Stock Prep Department. This is 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week. This roll includes, but is not limited to: troubleshooting fiber issues, as trailers of wastepaper arrive; handling of personnel issues, including labor relations, labor schedules, and vacation schedules; assisting with maintenance issues, as necessary; enforcing and improving safety; track stock trends, usages, and inventories; performing checks on various equipment for performance and maintenance needs; and working with symbiotic departments to better ensure maximum, undisrupted stock throughput.
The Fiber Superintendent will also be involved with maintenance, process improvements and machine changes. The Fiber Superintendent will have 7 salaried direct report and will have a strong influential position and direct authority for decision making with respect to the machine in general, and the operation in particular. This position will require to participate in the mill on call responsibilities weekends and weeknights.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Assisting Operations personnel in resolving manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure safe operations and prevent operational delays and downtime while minimizing costs.
- Work on teams to help develop and manage capital and maintenance projects.
- Perform fiber production troubleshooting in all areas of manufacturing.
- Examine procedures and recommends changes to improve quality and operating efficiency, and to maximize productivity. Plans and executes trials to achieve desired results.
- Participate in various team activities (Safety, Lean-sigma, etc.), providing leadership to keep teams goals and results consistent with company direction.
- Provide coverage for Assistant Superintendent/Supervisor vacancies (absences, vacations, training, etc.) on an as needed basis.
- Provide weekend coverage in production department rotation
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Ten (10) years previous experience with paper making operations.
- Five (5) years experience as paper machine supervisor.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous Improvement Agility – Improve Safety, Cost, Productivity, Quality & Morale
- Coachable – willingness to make changes daily as required
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to positively influence people
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate people to perform at higher levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Ability to align with and champion company and mill policies and procedures
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Timely Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Superior relocation policy and benefits. Opportunity for growth is a definite possibility with this role.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 125000
Salary Max : 165000
Currency Type : US Dollars