Superintendent., Paper Machine
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position is critical to the managing the safe and reliable operations of equipment in the paper machine area of the mill.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Establish and direct production operations in a safe and orderly manner providing quality products according to job schedules and customer specifications.
- Develop, plan, and administer material and labor usage.
- Establish and provide the operational expertise component of leading and managing our cultural change process, the strategic and forward thinking capabilities in both the operational and human capital areas of the operation.
- Develop improved methods for new capital investments, cost reduction and equipment refurbishment.
- Administer and implement Labor relations (CBA) through consultation with the Human Resource and Mill Managers.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement.
- Determine training needs and administer appropriate training programs for salaried and hourly employees on Paper Machines in order to function in the most reliable manner.
- Provide leadership with the implementation of problem solving strategies and execution of key performance objectives.
- This position requires key competencies that include: an individual with strong communication and problem solving skills, demonstrated leadership and collaboration in a team environment, persistence and enthusiasm to get the job done, planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking skills, strategic planning, quality orientation and a commitment to excellence, and superior interpersonal people skills. The successful candidate must exhibit proven ability to self-manage in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Lean Implementation experience and knowledge of six sigma principles will also be needed.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5)years of supervisory or management experience in the pulp and paper industry.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering. Technical
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great benefits and promotability potential. Solid relocation and a 25% target bonus.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 160000
Currency Type : US Dollars