An exceptional World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill the position of Sr. ManufacturingEngineerat their plant located about 45 miles Southwest of Akron, OH. The successful candidate will have a stable and progressive background working as Manufacturing Engineer or similar within a Tier I Automotive environment. The successful candidate will have worked as Manufacturing Engineer or similar and have specific skills in the area of Launch Coordination / Launch, Process Evaluation and Enhancement, and great communication skills.
- Position Specific Requirements:
- Lead and coordinate the Engineering Changes related to the Product and Processes to maintain and improve the manufacturing cost as required.
- Lead and coordinate the launch activities of new programs.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, cycle time, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency including material flow.
- Provide input for new project planning as assigned regarding process and material specifications, facilities planning, and cost data.
- Assist in completing production trials by coordinating run times with scheduling, determining the optimal processing conditions (cost & quality), assuring the appropriate sample testing is conducted, and following through to make sure items arrive at the correct destination.
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of the continuous improvement projects for the plant.
- Participate in required conference calls, meeting, and discussions related to our processes and material.
- Performs, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Plans and establishes specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included. Lead equipment manufacturing readiness before start of production.
- Any additional reasonable request deemed necessary by management
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related technical experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- High sense of Urgency and tenacity.
- General knowledge of safety, quality and engineering process preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to interface on all levels of operation
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Hard Skills
- Microsoft Project
- Lean Manufacturing
- APQP (PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D)
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma
- Root Cause Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Project Management
- Soft Skills
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Safety oriented
- Quality focused
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This company is a World Class manufacturer and supplier of their market product in the Tier I Automotive industry. The company continues to grow and is seeking people that desire to have stability and growth as party of their life for their part in helping the company to continue to thrive.
The company offers great upward mobility opportunities as well as excellent benefits.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : $ 80000
Salary Max : $ 100000
Currency Type : USD