In a newly created role, the Senior Controller will lead and direct a staff of 6, including direct supervision to the Assistant Controller and two managers. This person will have high level financial oversight over most finance and accounting efforts for several entities within the organization with collaboration from their CFO.
- Work collaboratively with CFO, Director of Asset Management to develop, maintain, streamline and improve intercompany transactions and reporting in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of accounting management including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets and Asset Management functions for all assigned entities.
- Direct oversight of financial statement creation and reporting as well as other regulatory reporting.
- Manages third-party relationship with as it relates to its accounting and financial operations and reporting.
- Ensure monthly billings and payments to providers are completed timely in partnership with Property Management provider and internal accounting team.
- Oversee accounts receivable and timely collection. Ensure revenue is recorded in compliance with revenue recognition rules and payments are applied appropriately.
- Monitor affiliate cash flow and advise on cash needs.
- Account for cost allocations in compliance with government contract regulations.
- Ensures accurate and timely issuance of monthly financial statements for all affiliates, including income statements, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Produce monthly budget and prior year variance analyses, along with other management reporting reports as needed.
- Collaborate with CFO and other stakeholders on design, controls and enhancement of systems with a focus on future needs and increased efficiencies.
- Oversee and ensure documentation of accounting procedures is kept updated and in collaboration with CFO, maintains a comprehensive system of internal controls.
- Solid technology skills: hands on experience and proficiency with accounting software and MS Office applications Word, Excel required; NetSuite experience and advanced technical skills a plus.
- B.S. degree in accounting required, advanced degree preferred in related field.
- 10+ years progressive accounting management experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, including hands on technical accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, FASB 116 & 117 and experience with government contracts preferred including OMB A-122 and A-133 compliance
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and problem-solving skills that incorporate vision and initiative, and embrace values of continuous improvement and collaboration.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Newly created role with a growing organization in the non-profit space that serves a traditionally underserved portion of the community!
This is a chance to make a difference!
Direct oversight to a team of 10 that is growing.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 175000
Salary Max : 190000
Currency Type : US Dollars