- SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST –
- LOCATION: Hornell, NY (Finger Lakes region)
- DIRECT HIRE
- TRAVELER ACCEPTED
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
- CFY WELCOME
- EXCELLENT TEAM
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH & STABILITY
- SETTING: Skilled Nursing FacilitySpeech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned, conducting an audiometric screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- Responsibilities:1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
15. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase position productivity and satisfaction.
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
17. Exhibit the highest level of customer service toward residents, staff and visitors.
18. Perform other position duties assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required.
New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association preferred.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license number/certification number) required.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required.
M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required. New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- About the area:Hornell is a city located in Steuben County (Finger Lakes region of NYS). It is a small-town environment with city conveniences. The nearby beautiful Finger Lakes provides many recreational and nature activities. Two state parks and four county parks just a short distance away. There is always something to do- boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, wine tours, shopping, and restaurants.
Alfred University is close by and offers vocational and occupational education programs at the Wildwood campus.
- 45 min to Corning
30 min to Watkins Glen
1 hour to Rochester
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 65000
Salary Max : 90000
Currency Type : US Dollars