SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST –
- LOCATION: Ticonderoga, NY (near Lake George)
- DIRECT HIRE.
- PERMANENT, or
- TRAVELER ACCEPTED.
- CFY WELCOME.
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
- SETTING: Skilled Nursing Facility
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Great team environment ensuring quality care for all residents.
1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments, and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, & as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents & visitors of facility.
15. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase position productivity and satisfaction.
16. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of facility.
17. Exhibit the highest level of customer service toward residents, staff & visitors.
18. Perform other position duties assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required.
New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association preferred.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required.
- New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required or Clinical Fellowship Welcome.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- ABOUT THE AREA:
There is no wonder why Ticonderoga manifests historic charm, scenic beauty, and an abundance of recreation and activities, being the names origin is from the Iroquois word tekontaro:ken, meaning it is at the junction of two waterways. This beautiful New York state town is nestled between Lake George and Lake Champlain. There is no end to the enjoyment you will get from this area for recreation and relaxation.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 95000
Currency Type : US Dollars