SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – WATER / WASTEWATER ($150K to $180K)
Our prestigious top 100 out of Top 500 Design Firms winner and consistently recognized as a best firm to work for civil engineering consulting firm seeks aSenior Project Managertojoin ourestablished West Region Water team working on engineering of water, wastewater, and reuse facilities and treatment plants in the Greater Phoenix Area.
- Manage projects consisting of design reports, studies, technical memoranda, detailed plans, and specifications.
- Capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of services are exceeded.
- Coordination with other support disciplines, coordination with regulating agencies, and quality assurance and quality control.
- Periodic travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties.
- Projects may include water/wastewater master planning and water/wastewater treatment facilities
- Managing and mentoring internal staff, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring the delivery of quality products
- Client meetings and industry conferences on behalf of the company and the Water Business Line.
Projects will require the following :
- Be technically competent with water or wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader(s). Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
- Conduct Construction engineering administration management, excluding construction observation, for local projects
- Bachelors degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5+ years of similar water and/or wastewater project management experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater projects
- Must have a strong knowledge base of engineering principals related to water, wastewater, and reuse facilities and treatment plantprojects
- Masters’ degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10+ years of similar water and/or wastewater project management experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Arizona
- Understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, SUE, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Must be passionate about client service and the water industry
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm. Nationally recognized Design Professional Corporation.
- Inception since Early 1900s.
- Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water and wastewater.
- Staff of over 1,000 employees across the USA.