- Perform designs and mechanical analyses through calculations basic to Mechanical Engineering.
- Sketch conceptual designs, transferring ideas to the designers for development of mechanical drawings.
- Coordinate the mechanical equipment design effort by acting as Lead Equipment Engineer for projects.
- Provide technical support for the Aftermarket, Inspections, and Purchasing departments with review of proposals, vendor submittals, and on-site inspections of mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate long-term design cycles and schedules.
- Provide direction, technical support, and mentoring for other engineers and designers.
- Analyze designed and vendor supplied equipment for adherence to engineering specifications, required codes & standards, and project requirements.
- Check drawings and drafting for adherence to designs.
- Use Innovation Engineering, New Technology programs, and Technical Improvement initiatives to develop new and improved designs and foster continuous improvement and innovation.
- Review designs and assist other Engineers and Management by making suggestions to improve an existing or proposed design relative to its function.
- Travel to fabrication facilities and plant sites to analyze equipment, collect data and information, interact with plant and fabricator personnel, perform on-site inspections and gain experience valuable to design considerations.
- Write Requisitions, Specifications, Quality Documents, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, and other technical documents as required to carry out departmental tasks and functions.
- Provide support to the Sales and Estimating groups for the preparation of proposals, including sizing and selection of equipment, plant layout, and engineering man-hour estimates.
- Work as a teammate with all company departments and employees in all assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical or other Mechanical/Materials based Engineering discipline Degree; Bachelor of Science Mechanical or other Mechanical/Materials based Engineering Technology Degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience in an industrial or technical environment.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great location, stable company, benefits!