Our client is a well-established automotive wholesaler. The organization services over 50 retailers throughout New England and has over 150
employees. The Company is known for building strong relationships in the automotive industry and being a generous supporter of various community activities.
The Senior Accountant is an important addition to the financial team. Besides the individuals immediate role, the selected candidate will
hopefully be capable of growing with the organization and worthy of consideration for future promotions. In the near term, the selected individual will be responsible for assisting with the monthly close, various financial reporting requirements and looking for ways to improve controls and processes in the accounting function.
– Assist with month-end closing process, maintain schedules in support of year-end close, and assist with audit requests
– Support the timely preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules
– Responsible for bank and balance sheet reconciliations
– Maintain and track rents receivable for a growing portfolio of properties
– Accounts Payable Backup Support and provide support for any
– Perform other financial activities as may be requested by executive and operations teams
– Perform ad hoc and complex analysis and assist with special projects as needed
– Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
– 3 plus years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or an operating business
– Solid understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of an accounting department
– Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced experience with Excel
– Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics BC or Navision is a strong plus
– Exposure to inventory related issues a big plus
– Highly detail-oriented and organized with a commitment to process improvement
– Ability to work independently while also connecting to entire team and an ability to interact comfortably with team members at all levels
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client has been a leader in their space for over 50 years. They have many people who have been at the company for their entire career. The finance function has 6-8 people. The desired candidate is a professional that leadership believes is promotable and will be a valuable asset to the company for years to come.
This is a great role for an individual looking to transition out of public accounting and/ or an accounting professional that is seeking a clearer pathway to advancement.
Being in the office on a daily basis is important to the long term success of the individual.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 100000
Currency Type : US Dollars