- Accountable for managing people, setting direction and deploying safety, health resources in a union environment.
- Develops plans and delivers results in a fast-changing business and regulatory environment by participating inPlantDivisional safety initiatives that drive safety process improvements.
- Provides input to mill and departmental strategy.
- Coordinate and drive thePlantSafety Committee reviews. Participate, provide guidance and support for area safety team meetings.
- Manages the safety and health direction for all persons on company premise.
- Contributes directly to mill priorities and planning.
- Accountable for the budget, safety performance and results.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of safety and health in support of the operations team.
- Directly supervises one (1) safety professional for a location supporting 800 employees and potentially 500 contractors per day during peak events.
- Establishes methodologies for measuring the effectiveness of mill compliance with OSHA, State, and other Federal laws.
- Provides solutions to complex safety and health issues serving as the senior safety leader i.e. best practice/quality safety and health resource, technical expert, train/mentors managers, supervisors and staff.
- Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations, and industrial hygiene. Builds and maintains a rapport with local fire, police, and sheriff departments.
- Investigates accidents and promotes safety-conscious work performance and training programs with defined safety performance measures including A3 and other data mining processes for hazard analysis and corrective actions on Mill incidents driving for root cause analysis.
- Designs, develops, implements and oversees the organization’s health and safety programs and procedures, OSHA Audiometric, etc.
- Safeguards employees and surrounding community by ensuring all site facilities are in compliance with regulations (includes PSM). Works closely with OSHA officials, state police, community representatives, and other officials as required.
- Determines safety training requirements and provides employees with safety training applicable to their work processes.
- Develops recommendations and follow-up to prevent accident recurrence.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of government safety regulations.
- Manages Workers Compensation Case Management.
- Directs and coordinates appropriate, timely and cost-effective delivery of health care related to disability, urgent and emergency care, work limitations and transitional return to work plans.
- Oversee/manage Health Services and on-site security resources.
- Ten years of progressive Safety & Health leadership experience inheavy manufacturing, to include Process Safety Management, and medical/workmans comp.
- Bachelors degree (preferably engineering) required.
- Possesses broad technical expertise, business and industry knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communications and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The incumbent must provide strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and reference check
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Paper manufacturing experience – preferred
- Union environment experience – preferred.
- SAP Business Software Knowledge – preferred.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Solid benefits with excellent relocation and a company that is looking for the person that can take the next step within the corporation.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 115000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars