MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Quality Engineer will support the technical lab within the plant. The position manages the continuous improvement project/quality action item list for the plant and assists submission and reporting to accounting.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- The individual will research and complete customer claims and prevent aged claims.
- They will participate in customer visits as needed and provide direction for the internship program/interns.
- Responsible for trial planning within the plant and maintaining the trial log.
- Regularly review and maintainthe FDA approved chemical list and maintain the document control system.
- Lead Kepner Tregoe (KT) events as needed
- Process engineer work on the machines..
- Attends and participates in department meetings as scheduled
- Manages job assignments and training plans.
- Participates in lab activities and reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree within the Engineering field of study – paper, chemical or printing preferred or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Experience within lab environment
- Promote and support a safe environment
- Travel as needed to customers
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Participate in On-call/weekend duty rotation
- KT Training participation/lead a plus
- Knowledge of printing press runnability a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- A demonstrated ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Outstanding opportunity for the right candidate. Next step is certainly available for the person in this role. Great benefits and superior relocation assistance