Quality Supervisor- (Day Shift)
This position will supervise and maintain a Quality Control Laboratory with staff capable of performing the analytical procedures required for the operation of a food processing plant, to verify the accuracy of results and the requirements to customer and company specifications, to maintain ISO and GLP documentation as required for all procedures and equipment.
– Develop, document and maintain procedures as related but not limited to ISO laboratory procedures, GLP, QC, QA, Chemical, Physical and Microbiological Assay procedures.
– Participate in the audit process for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, GMP and GLP.
– Supervise and direct Quality Assurance Laboratory Technicians to ensure the accuracy, proficiency, and quality of the analytical tests conducted and to establish new technological processes.
– Ensure Management is informed regarding test results, product status, and noncompliance issues via reports, memos, verbal reports, etc.
– Provide technical assistance to the Plant Management as required and related to problems of chemical, physical, microbiological and applications.
– Maintain quarantine/availability status of intermediate and finished products.
– Evaluate develop, validate, document, and implement new procedures and technology for microbiological, physical, and chemical testing.
– Generate and assist the logistics and customer service department with certificate of analysis and any other batch release documentation required for shipment.
– Monitor laboratory equipment calibration, maintain calibration database in ISOQuest, assay results vs. known/accepted standards, laboratory supply inventories, and laboratory compliance with Good Laboratory Practices with assistance from Laboratory Coordinator.
– Monitor preventive controls and report noncompliance to appropriate management.
– Monitor QC related programs related to plant quality such as environmental monitoring, waterwater compliance, product result trending.
– Compliance with GLP, and other lab requirements.
– On time reporting of results and release of materials.
– Manage laboratory suppliers to improve costs.
BS Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or Chemistry
3-5 Years of leadership of a Quality Department
– ISO Systems: ISO 9001, ISO 22000 (Quality, HACCP)
– Current Good Laboratory Practices for food and pharmaceutical excipients
– General office software tools and data processing (Word, Excel)
– Chemistry and Microbiology laboratory procedures
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Quality Supervisor – IA Our company is an international organization that is in a rapid growth mode.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70000
Salary Max : 75000
Currency Type : US Dollars