Our client is a leading family-owned German injection molding company which manufactures components and tools for the automotive industry.
With 120 employees in the US and a global presence of 7 locations with 1,300 employees, they are consistent with investment in research and development and creating the conditions required to meet the expanding needs of its customers.
The Purchasing Manager will be based at the plant near Richmond, VA.
Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if preferred.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with Purchasing activities working with an automotive manufacturer, preferably injection molding.
(Reports to SCM)
Purchasing of supplies, materials and goods for our injection molding production plant at the optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining lowest possible inventory levels.
- Implements and follows purchasing control procedures and sequences of operations within the department to optimize workflow.
- Enforce the company terms of purchasing.
- Interacts with personnel from other departments to maintain continual accounting of inventory levels. Supports all other departments in topics of purchasing.
- Interfaces with vendors regarding supply and warehousing issues.
- Negotiations of prices and frame contacts.
- Implements and follows all purchasing and inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within the department to optimize work flow.
- Reviews market, price, delivery conditions, and trends to determine present and future material availability.
- Abides by dollar authorization limits establish by the department manager.
- Tracks disposal of surplus material or scrap products.
- Processes purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations arise in delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sales.
- Supplier management.
- Price negotiations with existing suppliers.
- Implement new strategic suppliers.
- Lead cost savings initiatives
- Extensive experience in purchasing or 4 year College Degree
- Experience with SAP
- Purchasing experience
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience with shipping, receiving, and warehousing is desirable
- German Language skills
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Relocation support is available as well as corporate housing if preferred, along with excellent benefits.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 110000
Currency Type : US Dollars