This position leads the local purchasing with a mission of developing and implementing local and corporate strategic sourcing plans for commodities and services. Key metrics include, ensuring adequate supply, vendor service and quality performance adherence and improvement, and competitive sourcing environment maintenance.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate activities for buying, distributing, and paying for materials, supplies, and services. Interface with other departments as required to ensure process completion and compliance with applicable policies (safety, environmental, insurance, financial, purchasing, etc.).
- Review purchase requisitions, approve, issue purchase orders, and receive goods in accordance with negotiated terms and conditions. Order approved materials and services in a timely and cost effective way.
- Manage the supply chain to include the balance between existing supplier relationships and new supplier development to prevent disruption and ensure that a competitive environment exists for strategic sourcing events.
- Develop (where applicable), review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Represent mill in negotiating local and corporate contracts and formulating pricing with suppliers.
- Resolve claims against vendors or contractors related to service or quality level failures Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Create, implement and monitor local KPIs for purchasing. Develop year-over-year cost reductions and countermeasures as appropriate.
- Participation on various strategic sourcing teams led by corporate. Serve as the leader for local sourcing initiatives at facility in all phases. At times, this role will be responsible for coordinating corporate strategic procurement initiatives and participation within the local organization.
- Oversee onsite storeroom inventory. Works with team on managing adequate levels of inventory for all MRO purchases.
- Oversees capital warehouse inventory balances and proper turns for sites operation.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in large manufacturing environment
- 3 – 5 years of purchasing experience with ERP required, SAP experience preferred
- Proven leadership, negotiations and project management experience
? EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree required
? SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Ability to prioritize, plan, track, execute and document multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and develop long term cost effective solutions.
- The incumbent must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions on actions to be taken based upon his/her knowledge and experience, with less than complete information on the current situation.
- Must be action oriented and rise to meet challenges quickly, sometimes with a minimum of planning.
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead and develop others.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar word processing, spreadsheet, and communications software.??
- General schedule is 8 am – 5 pm – Monday – Friday during normal business hours. Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel, 10% maximum, to include flying or driving.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great company with outstanding relocation and benefit packages. One of the world’s leaders in their industry.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars