The Project Controlling Specialist is responsible for unit product costing (FACTON) of the respective project and project cost calculation of the respective project. This is a highly visible, high-impact position where a successful candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in driving program financial success for the portfolio projects. The secondary purpose of this position is to support R&D Controlling Activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, coordinate, and lead the commercial aspects in the Program Acquisition and Development Phase of the project.
- Partner with the Program Manager to collaborate with Sales, Product Engineering, Project Purchasing, Process Planning/Advanced Manufacturing, Logistics and Plant Management to keep the bottom-up costing aligned to product/process designs and commercial boundaries set with the customer.
- Understand the competitive environment during the acquisition phase, drive alignment on gap to target and continuously maintain the integrity of product costing in each successive price offering to sales.
- Maintain costing database including raw materials, purchased parts, labor/process routings, overhead rates, CAPEX, tooling, etc. through the life cycle of the program.
- Partner with the program manager to provide timely financial analysis for monthly and quarterly reporting, and at various program gate reviews. This includes monitoring of financial risks, risk mitigation actions, and improvement opportunities.
- Participate in management discussions on program financials and partner with the program manager to drive the financial success of programs (Achieve Financial KPIs).
- Provide costing support for cost improvement activities.
- Create new projects in SAP PS (customer and internal projects) based on Project Application (PA) and Project Planning files (PPF)
- Upload project budgets per approved Project Planning kick-offs (PPK)
- Approve and process Project Budget Change Requests (PBCR)
- Process phase changes
- Complete month end settlement costs from Validation Management System (VAMAS), prototype shop, and Integra projects.
- Review capacity utilization and cost center coverage for all R&D cost centers across NA
- Transfer Data (SAP) with in Month End Closing Activities in to the reporting tool (MARS)
- Oversee and improve isolated month End Closing Activities
- Investment tracking for the R&D location
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Engineering, MBA Preferred
- 3+ years of related financial work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High proficiency in using MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with FACTON, SAP or similar systems, project management, multi-tasking and developing/executing data queries is preferred
- Proficient in SAP/Business Warehouse
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex and attention to detail
- Strong self-starting initiative and innovative attitude
- Ability to quickly interpret data and communicate outcome
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, seeking a Project Controlling Specialist to join their Lockport, NY facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 85000
Salary Max : 10000
Currency Type : US Dollars