This position is responsible for the product development, scale, and launch of soft interior trim for automotive suppliers.
- Perform technical review of customer requirements, in terms of alignment with OEM specifications and determine feasibility and capability.
- Engage with customers to determine optimal inspection, packaging, and testing requirements for new products.
- Develop specifications for material properties based on statistical analysis and handle negotiations with customers.
- Attend product validation trials at customers to understand the interaction between the product and customers molding application. Drive subsequent trials and improvement activities. Professionally present information and solutions
- Drive PPAP testing requirements based on assessment of Tier and OEMs requirements.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Textiles, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering or relevant major.
- 3-5 years automotive manufacturing experience.
- Experience using statistical software such as JMP/Minitab & Access and Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Experience with soft materials (textile fabrics, polyurethane foams, nonwovens, plastic films, plastics, or related) and dynamic material testing is required.
- Knowledge of automotive OEM specifications and test methods a plus.
- Process engineering background desired, molding or forming experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel 30% to customers in the US and Mexico.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Financially solid, US based company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture.
Excellent growth opportunity with a proven track record of promoting their people.
Leading material solution provider to automotive interior trim manufacturers.
Casual, fun, plant environment – 3 weeks vacation!