MISSION / SUMMARY:
Process Control Engineer is responsible for the control system equipment, system software, and application software that controls the process: working with operating departments to implement control strategies for new process equipment; modifying/enhancing controls on existing process equipment: working with maintenance personnel and operations to identify and resolve problems with process equipment to allow the process to operate within specified limits
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Design and implement process control strategies including regulatory control, control sequence, logic, and advanced control for both continuous and batch processes.
- Develop, modify, and enhance HMI
- Monitor control system performance, which includes loop analysis and tuning
- Implement new control system technology
- Support process problem solving by identifying sources of process upsets and other anomalies.
- Develop and maintain alarm systems
- Support capital projects. Must be able to develop project justification and manage a capital project or sub-project related to process controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Firm Foundation in industrial process knowledge.
- Experience with instrumentation and electrical systems associated with process control systems.
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft including Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, Power Point.
- Highly competent in data analysis and use of process data historians such as OSI PI or Capstone ParcView.
- Understand P&ID drawings, loop sheets, and motor elementaries and be able to create these drawings as necessary to support project work and to maintain existing drawing using AutoCAD or equivalent drawing tools.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 – 8 years process control experience required. Good working knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) particularly Honeywell Experion or TDC; experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley ControlLogix) is a plus
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Pulp/Paper Science)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great opportunity for the right candidate! Promotable candidates are desired. Worldwide company with excellent benefits and outstanding relocation assistance.