- Manage the payroll process for all employees including processing payroll transactions (salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions), preparing tax filings as required, and producing reports.
- Ensure all employee data is updated and accurate including personal information, benefits, and compensation.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations related to payroll processing and reporting.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits.
- Assist with developing and implementing the accounting policies and procedures of the company.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, communicate recruiting needs and assist in onboarding of newly hired employees and resolving any payroll issues with new and current staff.
- Manage payroll support staff training, productivity, and size.
- Monitor payroll expenses and make recommendations for cost-saving measures.
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, and workflow to create efficiencies.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of related experience, in healthcare preferred.
- Proficiency in payroll software, particularly Paycom, UKG, or other similar payroll processing systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, as is proficiency with standard office software and applications.
- Proven experience successfully collaborating across multiple functional areas (Finance/IT/HR/Clinical Leaders).
- Proven experience successfully innovating in a fast-growing work environment while dealing with ambiguity.
- Provideahighlevelofserviceandexceptionalsupport toCentral Office staff in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client is one of the nations largest Orthopedics practices, owned and operated by physicians, with approx. 2,000 employees, over 60 locations across Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Payroll Supervisor oversees the organizations payroll functions, ensuring that pay is processed timely, accurately, and in compliance with all applicable legal and organizational regulations and policies.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars