The Paper Machine Supervisor provides supervision and direction of 15-25 employees as well as planning and controlling production performance as measured by key performance indicators. In addition, they ensure compliance to established safety rules/policies, customer quality and production specifications. Actively leads and participates in the plant safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement efforts. Works with employees to develop the necessary skills to perform job tasks as outlined in the work instructions.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the shift.
- Responsible for the resolution of shift issues.
- Ensures all schedules and releases are met.
- Provides daily communications to the shift
- Responsible for performance counseling of individuals for unacceptable performance relating to safety, quality, productivity, and/or inappropriate behavior to include disciplinary action if required.
- Prepares and distributes shift report.
- Performs daily audits to ensure that safety, housekeeping, basic care rounds, and established job standards are followed.
- Uses audit findings and reviews countermeasure sheets to upgrade standard work or install new systems to prevent problems from reoccurring.
- Serves as a liaison to communicate identified problems to support team as well as problem status feedback to the crews.
- Supports mill and department goals in safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for overall shift performance in accordance to established key performance indicators (KPI’s) to include safety, environment, housekeeping, quality, cull and production efficiency. Takes necessary actions to ensure goals are achieved in a team environment by leading or promoting problem solving and development of countermeasures with or by crew members.
- Completes all shift accident investigations within 24-hour period. Ensures corrective action is taken to address issue.
- Manages individual job assignments and crew member training plans with assistance from other departmental personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Needs to be open of working shifts.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of previous supervisory skills preferred in a paper mill environment.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people
- Good Organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience is a plus.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree a plus but will look at non degreed with the right experience
- 2-4 years of previous Paper Machine Supervisory Experience a must!!!
- Continuous Improvement Lean Six-Sigma, Lean/Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead and develop others.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills.
- General schedule is 1 of 4 – 8 hour rotating shifts (southern swing). Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Global company with great benefits and relocation packages. Promotable candidates only.