Exciting Opportunity for Occupational Therapist in the Enchanting Tupper Lake, NY!
Are you a dedicated and passionate Occupational Therapist eager to make a positive impact while embarking on an exciting journey? Look no further! We have an incredible opportunity waiting for you in the breathtaking Tupper Lake, New York, where adventure, natural beauty, and an incredible community spirit collide!
- Position: Occupational Therapist
- Employment Type: Direct Hire, Permanent or Traveler accepted
- Schedule: Monday – Friday (Days)
- Location: Tupper Lake, NY
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Experience: New OT Grads Welcome
Special Offer for Travelers: Travelers for 13-week contracts will be provided with free lodging accommodations, ensuring you have a comfortable and worry-free stay while you embark on your adventure in Tupper Lake.
Why This Role is a Thrilling Adventure:
Unleash Your Passion: As an Occupational Therapist, you’ll initiate skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physicians orders. You’ll maintain required contact with the physician to ensure residents receive the best care.
Comprehensive Care: Your role includes maintaining written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records, and discharge summaries for residents in the occupational therapy program. Detailed documentation is key to tracking progress.
Collaborate for Success: Your ability to confer with other healthcare staff regarding special needs of residents is essential to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
Active Participation: You’ll provide valuable input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and actively attend them during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
Statistical Insight: Maintaining statistical records of residents treatments is crucial for effective monitoring and assessing the impact of occupational therapy interventions.
Empower and Educate: As part of your role, you’ll assist with in-service training programs upon request, sharing your knowledge to enhance the quality of care.
Facility Information: Nestled within the heart of Tupper Lake, our skilled nursing facility is dedicated to providing residents with top-tier healthcare services and rehabilitation. Our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of our residents through comprehensive and quality therapy services. We are committed to maintaining a warm and inviting environment that fosters both healing and a sense of community.
Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments: In accordance with physicians orders, you will initiate skilled occupational therapy treatments for residents, ensuring they receive the care they need. Regular contact with the physician will be maintained to provide updates on progress and make any necessary adjustments.
Maintains comprehensive records: You will diligently maintain written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records, and discharge summaries for residents participating in the occupational therapy program. Detailed documentation is vital for tracking residents’ progress.
Collaborates with healthcare staff: Your ability to confer with other healthcare staff regarding special needs of residents is crucial to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function. Effective collaboration ensures residents receive comprehensive care.
Contributes to Resident Care Planning meetings: You will actively participate in these meetings and, in the absence of the Director of Occupational Therapy, lead them. Your insights will be invaluable in crafting individualized care plans.
Records and updates care plans: Maintaining residents’ care plans is an integral part of your role, ensuring that individualized care is delivered to meet their specific needs.
Maintains statistical records: Accurate records of residents’ treatments will be kept to ensure effective monitoring and to assess the impact of occupational therapy interventions.
Assists with in-service training programs: As requested, you will contribute to in-service training programs, sharing your expertise and knowledge with colleagues to enhance the overall quality of care.
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy.
- State license to practice occupational therapy.
- New OT Grads are welcome to apply.
- Two years of experience in occupational therapy preferred.
- A genuine interest in creating and participating in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
- State license to practice occupational therapy required.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- This is not just a job; it’s an opportunity to embrace the wonders of Tupper Lake and explore its proximity to other exciting destinations. If you’re ready to embark on an exciting career in a place where nature and adventure are at your doorstep, we want to hear from you!
- Don’t miss out on this thrilling opportunity to combine your passion for occupational therapy with the magic of Tupper Lake and its access to other exciting destinations. Apply now and start your journey today!
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70000
Salary Max : 100000
Currency Type : US Dollars