If you are seeking more than a job with an improved work-life balance, make us a part of your FUTURE!
This rapidly growing Manufacturing Infrastructure Services Engineering Practice is actively hiring a Mechanical Engineering Department Manager.
The position offers competitive compensation, bonus, and a stock ownership program.
In this role you will have the opportunity to have technical and project oversight responsibilities for a staff of engineers and designers working on the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide variety of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, real estate, solid waste, power, and commercial. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and a passion to apply professional experience and knowledge in a team environment.
- Possess an understanding of mechanical and piping codes and standards
- Provide quality oversight to a staff of engineers and designers performing mechanical and piping designs of:
- HVAC, mechanical, fire protection and piping systems concept development
- Mechanical design calculations including HVAC equipment sizing and pipe sizing calculations.
- P&IDs and Block Flow Diagrams
- Formulating design criteria to be used in the development of project design specifications and drawings
- Specifications for piping systems and equipment
- Be the main point of contact for the mechanical department
- Take responsibility for the execution of all department activities
- Generate mechanical engineering hour estimates to complete ongoing work and work for new proposals
- Prepare, review and check department deliverables and certify designs, calculations and drawings as required
- Monitor projects performance against schedule and budget
- Take on the responsibility of Senior Engineer/Project Lead on specific projects as required
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Project management experience preferred
- PE registration
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical/piping engineering with relevant experience on industrial or manufacturing type projects
- Experience leading a team of designers and engineers
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI, ASME, IBC, ISO, NFPA)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of mechanical design software
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- Familiarity with using Pipe Flo, Caesar II, and Trane 3D Plus software
- Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam experience a plus
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that has a very positive work culture. Very employee centric with a focus on maintaining a good work life balance. Employee owned company offering a strong compensation and benefit plan, stock options with the ability to have a hybrid work schedule.