The Materials Coordinator will manage production suppliers. Plan all incoming Raw materials, purchased components, packaging, sub-suppliers and outside services to support manufacturing and shipping requirements and oversee Receivers in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. Directly or through the manager, ensures achievement of company goals and objectives. This position participates fully in department initiatives. This position will work closely with the Materials Manager.
- Coordinate all incoming logistics planning with suppliers, as applicable
- Inventory expert, working with ERP systems to troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and monitor inventory accuracy.
- Issue firm and forecast releases to vendors on an ongoing basis for all production related items
- Coordinate receiving schedules to ensure a smooth flow of incoming products
- Maintain minimum inventory levels and monitor for accuracy regularly with cycle counts
- Work as a team with Manufacturing to designate storage locations for all purchased components, raw materials, and packaging. Maintain Maps and charts for plant level reference
- Verify receipt data entry from Receivers and monitor FIFO of raw materials throughout the plant
- May assist in training of Receivers on receiving into CMS and other databases, as required
- Working with Database-Purchasing and Inventory. Troubleshooting inventory discrepancies, understanding transactions in inventory database and root cause analysis
- Ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times
- Coordinate various outbound shipments related to vendors/production (i.e. Scrap processor, returnable containers; materials for out of house tryouts).
- Report monthly Supplier Performance and summarize for QOS reporting
- Work with Quality Supervisors on supplier quality issues. (Ensure that production is protected)
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties
- Responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- 3-5 years experience as a materials coordinator or role with similar job functions.
- Preferred 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- 3-5 years Inventory control experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are a plus
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate good internal customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working in various computer programs and databases.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Part of a top Tier 1 automotive client – this is one of multiple plants throughout the US. Will be able to gets lots of hands-on experience for career growth. The Effingham area is a lower COL area in south central IL.