An exceptional World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill the position of Manufacturing Engineering Managerat their plant located about 30 to 40 miles north of Dayton, OH. The successful candidate will have a stable and progressive background working as plant level Manufacturing Engineering Management, plant level Technical Management or similar within a Tier I Automotive environment.
A partial list of job duties/responsibilities include:
- Ensure RFQ, ECN, CPOD, PLEX, QAD, CDR, and Prolink deliverables are being completed timely.
- Research new technologies to improve production performance.
- Maintain tooling / equipment standards for the plant.
- Supervise technical support to manufacturing to insure all tools, equipment, and processes are meeting requirements.
- Supervise support to PDT teams on manufacturing feasibility, cost, safety, and product design.
- Ensure new or transferred tools/equipment meet OSHA and CLIENT safety standards.
- Ensure contractors under engineering direction are following CLIENT safety policies and procedures.
- Support new product launches with process development, dimensional analysis, operator instructions and other technical information as required.
- Provide technical support to resolve customer quality issues
- Provide detailed information for quoting new business and or engineering changes including capital, start-up costs and labor when required.
- Maintain plant capacity data base.
- Provide capital project plan and forecast for budgeting process.
- Manage capital jobs for cost and timing.
- Create and or review all PAR’s. All PARs should have a signed off capital reuse check list from the corporate manufacturing engineering group.
- Review and plan process improvement activities for potential cost improvements.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented, union environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including presentation planning and delivery skills
- Strong organizational skills with project planning or program management expertise
- Experience overseeing and directing a maintenance department within a high volume manufacturing environment.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great company with excellent benefits and upward mobility opportunity.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars