A leading Tier-1 supplier of components for the automotive industry, has a full-time on site Engineering Manager position open at their facility located south of the Kalamazoo, MI area.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of OUR CLIENT as described below:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of OUR CLIENT employees.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of OUR CLIENT to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions, so that the situation can be corrected.
- Understand and follow proper LOTO policies and procedures. Implement as needed.
- Perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Duties
- Manage the people and equipment that keep Operations running in a safe, quality conscience and cost-effective manner. Focusing on systematic root cause and corrective actions and process improvements.
- Responsible for all pre-launch documentation and DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- Develop and mentor employees in Engineering (Process, Tooling, Manufacturing, Program Launch, Controls)
- Daily interaction with Technical and Operations departments
- Prioritize department objectives and tasks as related to field and production needs.
- Support new product launch, tooling, equipment moves and business transfers.
- Support new program from the APQP phase through launch and production.
- Strategic analysis and tracking of scrap and machine downtime, working in conjunction with the Technical Department.
- IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 Audit policy and procedures (create and maintain).
- PM/TPM creation, critical PM planning.
- Bachelor degree with 5-7 years in related field
- Excellent computer skills
- Five (5) or more years experience Supervising in a manufacturing environment, preferably with union experience.
- Plastic Injection Molding Experience preferred. That is, experience with plastic injection molded products and processes.
- Tier I Automotive experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and perform non-complex mathematical calculations.
- Experience in tooling and equipment, blue print reading and comprehension.
- Must be able to function in a fast pace and highly demanding environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Exceptional Tier I Automotive supplier. Growth Oriented. Position available as result of major new growth.