The Manufacturing Engineer will use Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering techniques to improve production efficiencies and reduce costs. Develops, evaluates and improves new or improved processes and manufacturing methods using continuous improvement techniques to improve the quality of our products and processes. This position will report to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the VP of Manufacturing.
- Evaluate and identify process improvement efforts to optimize quality and cost.
- Develop / maintain Standard Work Instruction for all production processes
- Investigate and determine root cause(s) for internal and external complaints and/or quality rejections. (8D Problem Solving).
- Lead and/or assist with various related engineering functions such as mechanical design of fixtures, standardization of processes, cost reduction, and quality control.
- Lead and/or support the selection and implementation of automation equipment and processes to increase output and reduce cost.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing plants in machine troubleshooting, fabrication techniques, including cutting, punching, welding and painting.
- Analyze reports and collect data to determine and recommend changes in methods, tooling, and/or equipment to more fully utilize manpower to increase productivity, quality, or reduce cost.
- Work closely with Plant Supervision at all levels to propose and determine feasibility of improvement projects and provide data or information for accurate decisions.
- Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment to increase capability of production.
- BSME or related bachelors degree in Mechanical or Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Three years experience as a manufacturing or process engineer in industrial manufacturing setting preferred.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of metal cutting and forming and welding processes (robotic a plus)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Auto Cad or other design software
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing methods and concepts, Six Sigma methodology, Green / Black belt certifications / training
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment controls/PLC required, automation/robotics experience is desired.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great company with nice work life balance. Excellent benefits!