MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Supervisor drives improved equipment reliability by ensuring all installations/repairs are completed with quality workmanship and per best maintenance practices. The supervisor will assist with the development of solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
JOB FUNCTION:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ensures proper safety practices are followed.
- Directs work assignments for approximately fifteen (15) hourly General Maintenance personnel.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planners to ensure that all preventive maintenance activities are scheduled and completed.
- Good communication skills, the ability to prioritize and assign resources in a fast-moving environment.
- Initiates work orders and ensure work is performed in a safe manner.
- Attends daily maintenance planning and coordination meetings to help prioritize scheduled work and efficiently handle break-in work as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance and creative thinking during planning and coordination meetings to deliver the most cost-effective solutions to mechanical and instrumentation issues.
- Prioritizes work to be performed by the General Mechanics; consulting with Reliability/Planning Engineers on work to be contracted to outside services.
- Works with reliability group to ensure that downtime preventive maintenance programs or permanent mechanical equipment modifications are put in place to address the root cause(s) of downtime and quality issues.
- Schedules work assignments, vacations, and address other personnel issues for Paper Department maintenance personnel.
- Assists in development and execution of the Paper Department outage planning strategy.
- Collaborates with Paper Department operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Mentor and coach and help develop technical mastery of operations/maintenance personnel on fundamentals, skill development, scheduling, an all aspects of maintenance.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Skilled in utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to estimate man-hours and costs for maintenance work.
- Strong team player and communicator
- At least 2 years minimum as a maintenance supervisor – any heavy industry
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great worldwide billion dollar company. Solid relocation and benefits. High profile position.