Our client in the construction industry is seeking a junior controller on a full time basis.
This is an onsite position with the person ideally sitting at their Stockton office.
- Maintain general ledger and monthly closing procedures
- Reconciliation of job cost activities, review of job specific work in process reports and determination of appropriate under/over-billing balances
- Manage AP specialist and staff accountant
- Oversee billing, accounts payable and payroll activities
- Maintenance of fixed asset ledger including depreciation calculations (book and tax)
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Preparation and maintenance of annual budget and related cash flow projections
- Assist with development and monitoring of Companys strategic plan
- Monitoring and reporting of compliance with financial covenants and other bank requirements
- 5+ years construction accounting experience and at least two years of supervisory experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field required
- Experience with reconciliation of job cost activities, review of job specific work in process reports and determination of appropriate under/over-billing balances
- Experience with multi-company/division accounting and related consolidation principles
- Experience working with external financial partners including banks, insurance companies, sureties, and health and retirement plan providers
- Comfortable interacting with operations, administrative and executive personnel
- Detailed oriented, but understands big picture
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company in the construction industry. This person will start off as a junior controller but ideally progress into a more senior level role and transition to controller.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 150000
Currency Type : US Dollars