***Local Candidates Only (Within commuting distance of Arlington, Virginia
My client is required to hire an IT Support Specialist to join their team and be a key team member in keeping their organization running smoothly. Their IT specialists play a major part in their employees success by analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues in a positive and efficient manner. This specialist will also enjoy solving complex problems and provide effective first-line support for all local, remote, and mobile staff.
- MUST have an active Secret Clearance.
- Add to the IT knowledge base with clear/concise/detailed entries.
- Administrate and help manage the ITSM system.
- Collaborate with IT Team.
- Create and test new images for Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Create and/or maintain end-user documentation on procedures and how-tos.
- Create Linux accounts and manage groups, home directories, and access.
- Creation and administration of Active Directory user accounts.
- Help maintain scanners, copiers and workstations.
- Identify, research and resolve technical issues for users.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Minor off hours duties/on-call hours as necessary.
- Order software and hardware for users and maintain a stockage objective for general consumption items.
- Perform hands-on diagnostics at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Provision new computers for employees.
- Provision phones and voicemail boxes (mobile and office).
- Support their summer intern program. To include configuration of computers, administration rights, first line support, and equipment reconciliation when the internship is complete.
- Support the IT Team with duties as necessary to include server, user and network administration.
- Test issue remediation to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Perform post-resolution follow-ups, time permitting.
- Treat every issue as an opportunity to educate the end-user.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks to meet customer demands and deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and desire to learn.
- Experience supporting operating systems including Windows 10, Linux, and Mac OSX.
- Experience supporting typical business and engineering applications (ex. Microsoft Office, Matlab, Visual Studio, VMWare and other scientific/engineering applications) and hardware (mostly Dell and Apple laptops).
- Helpdesk and/or Desktop certifications such as Linux+, Security+, Network+ desired.
- Intermediate Active Directory skills with the capability of managing user accounts, printers and other resources.
- Problem solver with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment in a rapidly growing company.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a growing company that continues to exceed in it’s space. Great company benefits, highly competitive pay and a collaborative work environment.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 130000
Currency Type : US Dollars