Our client, a growing firm in the utilities space is looking to bring on an IT Administrator on a contract to hire basis! This will be on site in Oakland, CA for 60-90 days then will transition to hybrid 2-3 days in office and the rest remote.
This person will be responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems and applications, including hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system hardware, software, and network requests.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the administration, management and support of the companys technology systems and services:
- Provides Tier One technology support to all end users.
- Repair, upgrade and configure desktop computers, servers and various office peripherals. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Logs and tracks requests, maintains history records, and related problem documentation.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up, referring more complex problems to third party vendors, consultants, or manager.
- Ensures vendor supported software are maintained on all technology assets.
- Works with team to maintain upgrade and configures network hardware and software components to meet expected performance or project objectives.
- Manages day-to-day systems and information security operations: Configures directory structures, rights, controls and software on technology assets in accordance with standardized procedures to ensure proper security.
- Adds and maintains users on the network; assigns application access, ensures privileges are within established standards.
- Ensures disaster preparedness abilities through data backup, recovery and associated procedures are set up and performed as planned.
- Performs regular monitoring of systems according to established guidelines and provides reports to management
- 2 to 5 prior years of IT support or systems administration
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must be willing to work on site in Oakland
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
This is a small group so you will be exposed to a lot of areas within IT and a good opportunity to learn!
This company is employee owned so you would be eligible for profit sharing once converted to permanent status.