The HSE Specialist will be the Health & Safety expert for the implementation, maintenance, coordination & monitoring of HS Management Systems and will report directly to the site HSE Manager. This role will participate in development and maintenance, statutory compliance, and industrial good practice in health and safety, including procedures, processes, and training to promote safe working practices and to protect the companys interest. The primary goal of the HSE Specialist is to support the HSE Manager and the activities to raise the safety awareness of all the organizations departments to a higher level and follow the companys key strategies.
- Ensures compliance with Company & Plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, & good housekeeping practices.
- Implement and enforce HS policies to establish a culture of Health & Safety.
- Promotes good practices related to HS matters by coaching and training employees.
- Promotes improvements in HS and recommends solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures.
- Supports HSE Local Manager with the development and execution of HS plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Monitors compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees, operations, and equipment to observe possible unsafe acts and/or conditions.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Qualified candidates will have completed additional studies and/or certifications in Occupational Health & Safety
- ISO 45000 knowledge is required.
- ISO 14001 knowledge a plus but not required.
- The successful candidate will possess effective communication and leadership skills.
- Qualified candidates will have 7 to 10 years HSE experience in 29 CFR 1910 and/or 29 CFR 1926 or equivalent and possess experience in advanced root cause analysis and auditing.
- High energy, dynamic individual able to form positive working relationships and participate on cross functional teams.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great, stable company. Company offers excellent benefit package!