Exciting Field Engineering opportunity to become part of a team innovating an advanced fuel system technology that enables diesel engines to operate on 100% bio diesel. This position is ideal for mechanics or engineers with heavy automotive, diesel, and control systems experience.
The Field Engineer will work onsite with the customer to ensure proper functionality and liaison with the engineering team for any technical changes that may need to be made. The Field Engineer will ensure that the Field Operations team is properly installing the system and diagnose anypost-installation issues or changes.
Looking for individuals that have a passion for building and developing innovative and alternative energy solutions. Individuals who can be self-directedand can manage multiple tasks.
- Maintain the bridge between the engineering team and field service teams by ensuring all technical documentation.
- Perform field diagnostics and root cause analysis on any malfunctioning components.
- Become an expert onfuel system technology, including various electrical, software and hardware components.
- Ensure that the systems installation is being performed correctly according to customer specific documentation.
- Read and interpret appropriate technical drawings, schematics, electrical diagrams, and manuals to complete the installation successfully.
- Test system to ensure proper installation and create installation and maintenance documentation.
- Provide strong ongoing customer interaction and communications related to system and installations.
Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in heavy automotive mechanics,engineering, and diagnostics.
- Minimum2-year Associates degreeinengineering technology or equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge of both electrical and mechanical systems and ability to troubleshoot and repair.
- Experience with product schematics and documentation
- Experience with 3D modeling software.
- MS Office or GSuite.
- Strong analytical,written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize and maintain tight schedules.
- Strong customer communication skills.
- Ability to travel extensively to customer sites.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client has developed a fuel system for heavy automotive/diesel fleets. This innovation can be installed on OEM fleets and will allow 100% biodiesel usage. Device will reduce carbon emissions by 90 to 95% and offers an affordable alternative to other carbon emission reduction alternatives, such as EV’s.
This is a growing company and they are actively marketing and installing systems. They have just signed one of the largest private fleets in the US.
Client offers 100% employee health benefits to employee, unlimited PTO and stock options.