Location: San Jose, CA 95111
Pay: $70,000 – $120,000 + OTE
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Mon Fri, 8 am to 5 pm
Work Setup: Hybrid 70% field, 30% office (2-3 hours in the office)
Client Details: The client is a San Jose-based Asphalt and Concrete maintenance, and construction contractor, a Women-Owned, small business serving the San Francisco Bay Area for over 50 years.
We are seeking an Estimator/Sales Consulting professional who is competent and familiar with asphalt and concrete maintenance. This position would serve greater the San Francisco Bay Area.
Benefits include medical, dental, paid time off, a company vehicle, and a fuel card.
Compensation includes a base salary and commission with a matching 401(K).
The Estimator/Sales Consultant leads the companys sales and estimating functions by building strong relationships with new and existing customers by taking ownership of each stage of the planning and implementation of every project. Successful Estimators engage with clients, develop the scope of work to meet the needs of the customer, manage the project from start to finish, ensure the highest quality final product, and follow up with customers for future opportunities.
- Target potential and existing clients and develop relationships to acquire new opportunities
- Assess potential jobs to determine price, planning, and development of proposed bids
- Coordinate with accounting, production, and management to provide the highest quality product and level of service
- Partner with production to achieve the highest level of profitability and customer satisfaction
- Engage with clients and gather first-hand information via site visits, formal and informal meetings, lunches, etc.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, transport, equipment, production times, etc.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Build relationships with key contractors and vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, etc.)
- Attend and engage with potential vendors or clients at marketing events.
- Identify, generate, and distribute change orders and submittals as needed.
- Base salary that is contingent on the candidates experience level
- Access to a company vehicle and gas card
- Laptop, cell phone
- Full health benefits with dental plan
- Paid Time Off
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Estimating paving, concrete, and seal coating applications
- Project management experience in paving, concrete, and seal coating applications. The ability to work under pressure to meet goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Familiarization with customer base including Property Managers, Board Members, Owners, Facility Managers, General Contractors, inspectors, city officials, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Google Earth, Bluebeam, Filemaker
- Valid Drivers license and safe driving record.
- Preferred Language: Spanish
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Great company
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 70000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars