We are currently recruiting for an ELECTRICIANfor our Thunder Bay, ON client.
Our client is a world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network that connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable, and quality-controlled agriculture products. Within North America, they are a leading marketer and handler of grains, oilseeds, pulses, and cotton and take great pride in partnering with growers to connect them to markets in 60+ countries.
As an Electrician you are responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of electrical equipment and automation within the Thunder Bay Terminal in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides shift response to plant trouble calls, completes required repairs and returns equipment to Operations in an expeditious manner.
- Performs troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of facility electrical equipment, programmable logic control systems, instrumentation and related equipment according to established guidelines.
- Performs installation and repair of distribution panels, motor control centers, protective devices, fixtures, instrumentation and related equipment in accordance with Canadian Electrical Code.
- Completes accurate, timely and legible administrative documents.
- Participates in Company Safety Program.
- Provides troubleshooting and basic PLC programming in ladder logic and function block.
- Is familiar with Modbus communications protocols, hardware, media and communications. Has a basic knowledge and familiarity with Ethernet protocols, hardware (media converters, hubs and switches) and wiring systems.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with supervisors and peer group to provide the information required to manage and operate the Terminal.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, day shift (8 AM to 4 PM) OR evening shift (4 PM to 12 AM)
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and quality of work.
- Familiarity with Modicon Unity programming software is an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in an industrial setting.
- Journeyman electrician with interprovincial certification under the Red Seal Program.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
- A competitive salary.
- A comprehensive benefits program including extended health care, dental, vision care, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, and long term disability commencing after 90 working days.
- Contribution to a Defined BENEFITS pension plan.
- Monday to Friday work schedule.
Guided by our values of integrity, trust and respect, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage all members of the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team. Our client strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
One of the largest Ag companies in the World with exciting opportunities to move any in the World.
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 40
Salary Max : 40
Currency Type : Canadian Dollars