Using engineering principles and design software, helps to design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.Designs, fabricates, tests, implements and modifies electronic components. Develops, test and implements engineering change orders (EOCs) for design revisions. Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electrical components. May be involved in developing budgets, estimating labor, and material.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Oversees the design, development, and modification of electrical components and processes.
- Reviews component and equipment selections based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Prepares engineering documents including cost estimates appropriation requests, project schedules, design specifications, instruction specifications, purchase requisitions, operating manuals, and technical reports.
- Approves system requirements and/or necessary modifications with users.
- Coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects regarding technical equipment and machines and ensures that objectives are met within budget.
- Works with corporate engineering and plant management to keep department in line with business plan.
- Gives expert engineering guidance on group work and to other engineers.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years previous experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous Improvement Agility – Improve Safety, Cost, Productivity, Quality & Morale
- Coachable – willingness to make changes daily as required
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to positively influence people
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate people to perform at higher levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Ability to align with and champion company and mill policies and procedures
- General schedule is an M-F assignment, with rotating weekend/night call coverage. Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so. Schedule includes weekend rotation coverage.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8 -hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Wear PPE when required: Hard Hat, safety glasses, hearing protection etc.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Confined space entry of equipment and vessels during outages.
- Walking down all process areas and equipment.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Salary based on experience. Potential bonus if enough years of experience. Great worldwide company with excellent benefits and full relocation.