Director of Rehabilitation –
*Must be either a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist.
- Direct Hire.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience. (100k – 120k)
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Tupper Lake, NY.
- Screen and provide (as necessary and as ordered by a physician) an in-depth evaluation of each residents’ rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted); makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with the physicians’ orders and the rehabilitation goals; maintain required contact with physician.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy according to state, federal and facility policies.
- Review each resident’s status at least quarterly to determine need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plan.
- Collaborate with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
Licensed Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist or Speech Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree required.
- State specific license to practice required.
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; leadership qualities; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- About the area: Tupper Lake, New York has rolling hills and mountains, fresh air, endless snow-covered forests, sparkling lakes, and a quaint community full of character and flavor. Nature is never very far away, even fromdowntown. Stroll through town and get fresh donuts or an Adirondack souvenir. A little farther out, amid the beauty offall, miles ofhiking trailsoffer adventure and scenery. The Tupper Lake Triad hiking challenge is fun and includes a fire tower peak and big views of the Adirondacks year-round. On the water adventures includepaddlingand the “lure” offishing. Tupper Lake also boasts some of the darkest skies in the Northeast that are perfect forstargazing. There’s no shortage of restaurant options here, and beer lovers will love Raquette River Brewing. Downtown sidewalks are full of great buys and local flavor.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars