Director of Rehabilitation –
*Must be either a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist.
- Direct Hire.
- Excellent Benefits Package.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience.
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Wheatfield, NY (adjacent to Niagara Falls, NY)
The Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by supervising rehab department staff in the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts; assists in the hiring, orientation, and training of staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides; participates in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation; maintains a clinical caseload at a minimum of 35% productivity; attends to clinical, fiscal, and customer service outcomes and action plan underperformance as indicated.
- Screen and provide (as necessary and as ordered by a physician) an in-depth evaluation of each residents’ rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted); makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with the physicians’ orders and the rehabilitation goals; maintain required contact with physician.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy according to state, federal and facility policies.
- Review each resident’s status at least quarterly to determine need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plan.
- Collaborate with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
Licensed Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist or Speech Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree required.
- State specific license to practice required.
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; leadership qualities; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- About the area:Wheatfield is a town in Niagara County, New York, United States. The population was 18,117 at the 2010 census. The name stems from the agricultural use of the town lands, the growing of wheat. The Town of Wheatfield is east of Niagara Falls International Airport. With its proximity to Niagara County NY & the Buffalo NY areas; it is filled with culture including the arts, museums, shopping, restaurants, and recreational water leisure and many beautiful parks. This area is also well known for its many colleges and universities.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 95000
Currency Type : US Dollars