Title: Corporate Supplier Quality Manager
This is a high profile leadership position reporting to the Director of Quality. This position is responsible for managing supplier quality compliance and performance for all ingredient and packaging suppliers ensuring that all relevant company, regulatory, quality and food safety requirements are met. This will include the execution and documentation of supplier approvals and acting as a company representative in the field with suppliers. In addition, this individual will work closely with the corporate regulatory team who are responsible for various labeling, claims and identity preservation functions and programs. This role also supports data analysis and strategic improvement initiatives across all sites to improve supplier performance including customer satisfaction. This position utilizes quality tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis, statistical process control, lean manufacturing principles and CAPA.
The responsible individual will facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. The responsible individual will continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the leader, process owner and SME for all Corporate Supplier Preventive Control Programs
- Develop and implement food safety and quality audit plans based on supply chain risk categorization
- Coordinate and manage supplier audit plans and logistics
- Conduct and document supplier audits, as desktop, on-site assessments and annual scorecards, for an impartial and comprehensive benchmark for adherence to industry standards and the suitability of new suppliers and for on-going approvals
- Provide professional communications to internal and external stakeholders to convey the evaluation and scoring of supplier program compliance in the effort to mitigate the introduction of Food Safety and Food Quality risks into manufacturing plants
- Maintain and continuously improve supplier verification programs and administrating documentation in accordance to current regulations while maintaing the associated Standard Operating Procedures or Work Instructions to support these tasks
- Manage register of approved suppliers for cheese, packaging and other materials
- Manage and evaluate supplier quality documentation to include third party certifications, guarantees, programs, etc.
- Review supplier defects and associated holds for all locations and facilitate the internal and external communications including active participation in routine meetings to support dispositions
- Complete supply chain assessments for the validations of Preventive Controls and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), such as Food Fraud Vulnerability
- Prepare and present key performance indicators of compliance measures within the supply chain
- Support internal plant programs, such as Identity Preservation, COA conformance, FSMA compliance
- Supports new product commercialization; works closely with sales, customer service and plants to ensure successful, right first time production
- Support corporate identity preserved foods programs, labeling compliance and registration for all plants, as well as routine new product submissions including but not limited to Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GE/GMO etc.
- Where necessary supports the management of databases or tools used for nutritionals, formulations and finished product specifications
Education and Experience:
Masters Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or similar scientific discipline, and 3-5 years of relevant experience; or a Bachelors Degree in a discipline described above, with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience; or an Associates Degree and 7 to 15 years of progressively responsible related experience. Prefer prior successful experiences in:
- Preventive Controls, GMPs, Sanitary Design, Pest Control
- Federal and State food regulations including regulatory requirements for food safety, labeling and net content
- Flexible Films(HFFS/VFFS) and Corrugated Packaging
- Specification management and development including but not limited to ingredients, packaging, manufacturing and finished goods
- Analytical equipment and methods in processing quality control, microbiology, chemistry, and organoleptic assessments and evaluations; relevant software applications
- Food science and technology application in food manufacturing
- Requirements for maintaining with complex marketing claims and identity preserved status requirements including but not limited to Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GE/GMO etc.
Also key to this position are:
- Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of people, and provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills including Root Cause , Corrective Action & Preventive Action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to autonomously lead complex, cross-functional, continuous improvement initiatives and projects
- Dairy Industry
- SAP, and PC proficiency in Windows-based applications
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client has a superb reputation the the quality of products they produce and the Employee Driven culture that that provide.