A leading Tier-1 supplier of components for the automotive industry, has several full-time an on site Controls Engineer position open at their facility located north of Lansing, MI.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the plant creates the best products possible in the most efficient manner. Responsible to examine and improve processes in order to increase productivity. As well as responsibility for ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained.
- Research new technologies to improve production and quality
- Support maintenance and production to minimize machine downtime.
- Support launch activities to ensure machines are designed and built to plant safety standards and machine specifications.
- Maintain and update plant machine controls specifications.
- Setup crib stock for new electrical spare parts for new and current equipment.
- Train the maintenance group on new equipment and technologies
- Participate in the quoting of new equipment to ensure machine standards are followed and that the best possible and cost effective solution is achieved.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities. This includes, but not limited to machine cycle time improvements, improving machine uptime, and Kaizen events.
- Program and troubleshoot AB SLC 500, Micrologix and CompactLogix, AB Panelview family hardware and software, RS-232, DH-485, DH+, Ethernet communications to processors and HMI
- Have the ability to work with and understand databases and control systems over Ethernet.
- AutoCAD to develop and modify electrical schematics.
BASE TARGET: 80K to 100K + Bonus + Relocation Assistance + Excellent Benefits
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineer degree preferred
- Five or more years experience in engineering or manufacturing
- 5 years of related controls experience preferred
- Expertise in assembly processes. Injection Molding a Plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with people from all levels of employment
- Experience in machine buyoff procedures.
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting on machines. This includes, but not limited to AC/DC circuits, PNP/NPN sensors and devices, networks and communications devices.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Experience in integrating new technologies into existing machines. This includes, but not limited to machine vision, robotics, hydraulics and pneumatics, and servo controlled systems.
- Experience in updating electrical prints using AutoCAD.
- Experience with DC torque tool interface
- Experience with MES systems preferred
- Experience with robot programming preferred Fanuc & ABB
- Experience with Keyence or Cognex vision systems
- Experience with automated assembly equipment w/full Poke Yoke and MES integration.
- Experience with AC Power from 480VAC 3? to 110Vac, and 24 VDC Control circuits
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Excellent company with great benefits and growth opportunity.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 100000
Currency Type : US Dollars