Our client, a leading Automotive Tier 1 manufacturer is looking for a Corporate Project Engineer-Controls.
- Develop and maintain equipment standards and specifications.
- Partner with our mother companies to establish best practices for equipment.
- Identify and onboard new equipment sources to enhance performance and reduce costs.
- Proactively research and assess the latest market technologies and competitor practices.
- Build and maintain the skills and expertise of the Project Engineering team.
- Collaborate with plant teams to enhance the maintenance teams’ skills and expertise.
- Lead projects across facilities, from planning and funding justification to execution.
- Oversee equipment procurement and installation, involving contractors or plant personnel.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred. Will consider non-degreed if have significant PLC experience.
- Three of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in overseeing facility construction, capital equipment procurement, and installation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- High level of technical proficiency.
- Preferred: PLC Programming experience (Allen Bradley), AutoCAD proficiency.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication of technical information.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups.
- Effective response to inquiries and complaints.
- Experience with Machine Automation in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: Robotic programming (FANUC), Servo drives, HMI integration.
- Automotive industry experience and PE certification is a plus.
- Travel will be required. If live close to Mt. Vernon, Kentucky-most of the work will be done in their plant in the area.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Partially remote-if don’t have major projects will work from home.
High visibility role in a small team with a major impact on manufacturing operations.
The company is growing. Lots of opportunities for advancement.