The Controller manages accounting controls and operations related to: budgeting, auditing, general accounting, financial reporting, internal policies and procedures, and the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial systems.
The Controller will oversee internal accounting controls and day to day accounting for a non-profit. This person will oversee a variety of areas including:
- Prepare and reconcile grant &contract reporting including contract applications/renewals, invoicing, monitoring, and reporting. Ensure accuracy of invoicing and reporting including reconciling to supporting documentation and ledgers and program spreadsheets. Oversee contract accounting and communicate financial contract status to leadership. Partner with Grants & Contracts Coordinator who is responsible for some program reporting. Collaborate with other departments including but not limited to payroll and programs.
- Financial Statement creation; Develop and maintain tools for financial analysis. Keep Director of F&A apprised of existing or developing financial and/or cash flow issues. Review and analyze monthly Statement of Revenue and Expense and Balance Sheet to identify miscoding, inaccurate data entry, and reasons for variance from budget. After corrections of miscoding and/or inaccuracies, review, analyze, and provide leadership with an analysis of position, performance, and key metrics.
- Oversee andmanage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable cycle including but not limited to approve payments, prepare and input AP; Develop receivables policy to keep days receivables to a minimum. Manage preparation of all invoices/billings. Prepare complex billings/invoices. Review and approve invoices in general ledger. Oversee systematic implementation of receivables collection procedures.Manage all coding, deposits, data entry, and posting in GL.
- Contract Budgets, Contract Accounting.Oversee contract reporting including contract applications/renewals, invoicing, monitoring, and reporting. Oversee contract accounting and communicate contract status to the Director of F&A.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a complex accounting environment with at least five of those in a nonprofit organization with restricted funding.
- At least seven years of day-to-day responsibility for the accounting department.
- Superior knowledge of GAAP
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great organization and mission!
Benefits 100% paid for employee + 50% for dependents
Hybrid with 3 days on site and the rest remote
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars