Our client is seeking a Controller to join the Accounting and Finance team in the New York office. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the broader accounting and finance team to oversee and manage all accounting activities to ensure compliance with legal standards, industry practices, and company goals (this candidate will serve as a successor to the current controller who will be retiring).
As Controller, you will manage the accounting activities of multiple entities and will be involved in strategic planning and supporting organizational goals. You will also be responsible for:
- Managing, supervising, and mentoring the accounting team.
- Directing all aspects of the accounting cycle, billing/accountings receivable and collections; purchases/accounts payable and disbursements, time entry reporting, revenue reorganization (ASC 606), and the monthly closing process (including monthly billing, etc.).
- Ensuring that internal controls over accounting operations are adequate and properly maintained.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Preparing and managing project and operational reporting.
- Managing the annual financial audit process and preparing audit reports.
- Coordinating the preparation of reports and schedules to support annual tax filings.
- Ensuring transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports.
- Assisting with evaluating all significant accounting transactions.
- Keep up with current industry changes.
- Involved in cash and treasury management, including daily and weekly cash reporting.
- Driving continuous improvement in accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience required; a combination of public and private
accounting experience is highly desired
- AEC Industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Deltek and Paylocity
- Experience working in a Private Equity owned environment
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
At this company, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. The company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all our employees flourish, individually as a team; with employee experience at our focal point, dedicated to ensuring employees development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. Offers a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to team members.