CNC Machine Setup
The CNC Machine Setup performs duties to set up and operate a limited variety of computer numerical controlled work centers to progressively machine a variety of piece parts. This position works from blueprints, shop orders, tool sheets, computer printouts and instructions to do the following:
- Rotate on a regular basis between the departments various lathe and milling work centers which are average to complex in nature to meet the department’s production scheduling requirements.
- Set up work centers involving tasks including loading of programs, pulling of tooling, assembly of holders, and the setting of chucks, tooling vises and bar feeds.
- Load bar stock, castings and other raw materials into work centers.
- Progress work center through to produce first piece part, inspecting for accurate dimensions and making the necessary adjustments to the work center.
- Monitor ongoing machining operations, dimensionally inspect piece parts and troubleshoot work center difficulties involving tooling and equipment.
- Lubricate equipment, segregate chips and maintain an accurate tooling inventory.
- Prepare the required paperwork and logs.
- Provide instruction to operators in loading and operation of machines as required.
- Notify designated supervisory personnel of operating difficulties.
- Use a variety of adjustable precision measuring instruments, fixed gauges, bench grinder and hand truck.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- At least 6 months of training/experience in CNC Machine Setup (specifically CNC Milling/Lathe machines)
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform shop math
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read and understand G code
- Must pass a written test
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The client is a Union and offers, competitive pay and benefits package
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 24
Salary Max : 25
Currency Type : US Dollars