Top Client in need of Clinical Advanced Pharmacist NICU
Job Summary and Qualifications
The NICU Pharmacist will focus on critical care and will coordinate and assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs to ensure clinical services meet the requirements and needs of the patient population and community. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Reviews medication orders and quality of technicians work to ensure appropriateness of drugs ordered, dosage, route and interactions. Adjusts medications dosage/schedule as appropriate for patient condition as per policy.
- Ensures medications are safely dispensed to patients in accordance with age specific guidelines. Follows appropriate procedures for the sterile preparation of IV admixtures in compliance with USP 797 standards.
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of clinical data, medication use, drug and drug class monograph development in support of clinical toolkit development.
- Provides oversight of pharmacy distribution activities including order receipt, product storage, controlled substance process, dispensing and other distributional functions.
- Closely monitors narcotic transactions by checking all controlled substances that are dispensed and reconciles the quantity/type of narcotics leaving the pharmacy. Promptly signs in narcotics received from the wholesaler; checks against pharmacy copy of the DEA 222 form and the wholesaler’s invoices.
- Assists the department in addressing physician consults as needed. Provides timely retrieval of reliable drug information from available sources.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Receives, interprets and implements physician orders accurately and in a courteous manner. Consults resources in clarifying unfamiliar or questionable orders.
- BS or Pharm D Degree
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education
- Current Florida Pharmacist License or License eligible. Board certified
- 3 years of acute care experience as a Pharmacist
- Must have experience in peds/ NICU or residency trained
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience in pediatric and NICU
Shift Time: Mixed – Rotate every other weekend
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Relo Offered, Great Benefits