CDL Class A Truck Driver
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive benefits package.
Location: San Jose, CA 95111
Shift: Home Daily (occasional out-of-town trips)
Client Details: The client is a woman-owned, full-service asphalt and concrete maintenance company that has been serving the greater Bay Area since 1974.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain all paperwork
- Maintain constant contact with the Foreman to receive pickup and/or delivery instructions and keep them informed of any safety issues.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to ensure roadworthiness.
- Must have knowledge and conduct maintenance of single and multi-rear axle trucks meeting the requirement for California Commercial Drivers Licensing to include general knowledge of laws and regulations.
- Perform Pre-trip inspections (correctly complete drivers logbook) on the vehicle and be able to explain what one inspects and why.
- Maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe fashion, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over-the-road situations, proper signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speed to road conditions, and the ability to drive during daytime or nighttime.
- Safely load and unload all equipment/materials over all terrains, and properly secure loads.
- Responsible for routing fueling, lubricating, and basic servicing of vehicle
- Must understand the air brake system if the vehicle is equipped with the system
- When not driving, will be directed by foreman on tasks that need to be completed job site, shop, or yard.
- May need to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform all the above job functions in a safe manner in order to avoid personal injury and equipment damage.
- Must be open to some labor work when not operating a vehicle and be able to assist ground crews on daily tasks.
- Must have a current and valid Commercial Drivers License from the State of California
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communication skills are required for dealing with customers, salespeople, contractors, and shop personnel.
- Previous commercial driving experience.
- Must be DOT-certified
- Must pass a drug test and background screen
- The ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Able to drive up to 8/10 hours daily.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Great company
Salary Type : Hourly
Salary Min : 30
Salary Max : 35
Currency Type : US Dollars