An exceptional World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill the position of Assistant General Manager at their plant located east of Fort Worth, Texas. The successful candidate will have a stable and progressive background working as Assistant General Manager, Plant Manager, Operations Manager or General Manager (of a smaller plant) in the JIT Tier I Automotive arena. This plant supplies predominantly to General Motors in Arlington, Texas therefore experience working for a supplier to GM would be advantageous. This position will report to the General Manager of the plant and the general management style will be geared towards working as a team requiring enthusiastic people skills combined with the ability to hold people accountable when necessary. This is a non-union plant.
Summary of Responsibilities
Overall management of all production processes to include injection molding, lamination, assembly, maintenance, logistics, engineering to ensure customer schedules and quality specifications are met. Support all departments in productivity attainment, quality standards, and conformance to policies and procedures. This position requires a positive, can-do attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, decisiveness, and demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job.
- Provide reports and information to the General Manager as necessary.
- Manage all facility activities and personnel reporting to this position.
- Effectively communicate with all internal customers, plant management, and team members; maintain positive employee relations; listen to issues and concerns and display leadership in driving accountability and responsiveness.
- Maintain open, honest relationships with fellow team members; treat all team members with dignity and respect.
- Follow the principles of the CLIENT Code of Conduct with regard to people and practices
- Display complete ownership of the operation aspects of the plant including being a visible leader and setting priorities and objectives for safety, quality, launch activities, housekeeping, 5S, and continuous improvement.
- Report on the status of projects as required.
- Provide motivation and a results-oriented environment.
- Conduct performance evaluations of reporting personnel as specified by company goals
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist Team Members in solving work problems, including personnel and process issues.
- Promote and facilitate the Open-Door Process without reprisal, effective communication, and fair treatment.
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis; uphold confidentiality and build trust in Management.
- Adhere to customer requirements, business operating systems, and company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Able to set priorities, create clarity, manage expectations, and lead others.
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive Team Member relations.
- Able to prepare, read, and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures, and guidelines.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers, and customers.
- Able to communicate in front of an audience during training and/or meetings.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact.
- Able to work under the pressure of meeting schedules, personnel issues, production deadlines, and managing multiple priorities.
- Able to work flexible and additional hours as required.
- Able to use computer and software as required.
Education, Skills, And Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressively more responsible supervisory/managerial and leadership experience in high-volume manufacturing operations (Automotive experience a must)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business-Related Field preferred. Equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Strong communication skills, performance and proficiency management, staffing management, time management, coordination, training, financial planning, efficient in standards development, sound in decision making and strategic management.
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping, etc.
- Working knowledge of automotive industry quality standards
- Honest with high integrity and a positive approach
- Excellent human management skills
- Good technical skills
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Growth opportunity. General Manager of this plant is seeking the best candidate for working directly with the management and hourly work force at this plant. This is a hands on approach for enthusiastically developing a more effective team based approach to doing work and meeting the customer’s requirements. This is a great opportunity because this is a great company with great benefits along with a great upward mobility path for the right candidate.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 150000
Salary Max : 180000
Currency Type : US Dollars